Monday, July 19, 2010

2.5 Crore Mercedes in India: Reaction

Last week, on Friday, Mercedes launched SLS AMG in India, priced at a modest Rs. 2.5 crores. As per news reports, SLS AMG is powered by a 6.2 litre engine and it can go up to a maximum speed of 317 km per hour.



Somehow I became concerned with the news, as quite a few questions popped in my mind.

1. Most important, isn't 317 kmph too slow for our "grand" Indian roads? Would I be able to reach office on time riding on SLS AMG?

2. What is the mileage? We Indians can tolerate slow speed but not bad mileage. Unless the mileage is 20 km per litre, I am not going to buy it.

3. Can I put a CNG kit in the boot of the car? Diesel is also too costly these days, thanks to GoI.

4. Would it accommodate my 10 member family? If not, what the heck of buying a "grand" car!

5. Would it carry my 100 kg stuff when I move from one location to other? I better buy a truck - why an SLS AMG?

6. Would the car fly? I can buy a helicopter in the same price.

If all my concerns are not satisfied, why should I wait for 6-8 months to get this car? Company's response will be appreciated :).